Thursday, November 5, 2009

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (Bollywood)

Hey Peps,

It's time for another review, but today I'll be sharing something different. I've got tons of bangali friends...okay, maybe only 3, and they're crazy people. Anyway, one of them forced me to watch a hindi movie.

AND I LOVED IT!!! haha




In Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, or otherwise called "Something Happens", Anjali and Rahul are best friends in college. One day, a girl named Tina transfers into their school from London and Rahul falls in love. However, Anjali also realizes her love for Rahul at the same time that she realizes that Rahul and Tina love each other. Unable to continue to be just friends with Rahul, she leaves without a trance, vowing to forget her heartbreak. Rahul and Tina get married and Tina dies shortly after giving birth to her daughter, who she names Anjali. Before her death, Tina had written 8 letters for her daughter, to be given to her one per year. The 8th letter told their love story from college. In that letter, Tina asks her daughter to reunite Rahul and Anjaji, so that they can both be able to be happy, because she knows that they were always meant to be. And little Anjali sets her plan into motion. In the end, her papa gets the love of his life, she gets a great mom and granny gets a mother-in-law to talk about at her get togethers with friends. The end!

This was such a sweet love story and was actually very funny, though it also had me crying like hell! Seriously! Certain parts were just too much for me to handle and I'll start blubbering! ESPECIALLY THE END!!! OMG!!! The only aspect I didn't like very much is the length of the musical parts of the movie. I understand that its a huge part of what makes Bollywood..well, Bollywood and that they helped the story along, but the longness of it and the repetitiveness made me fast forward through most of it.

Looney Express awards its first Bollywood movie a 4/5!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!! You can watch it on youtube!

1 comment:

Zara said...

Aren't you glad I recommended this movie to you? You're welcome (^_^) And I must say that I agree with your review; Kuch Kuch Hota Hain is an incredibly sweet love story. It is one of those movies you can watch over and over again and you'll still cry every time =D

As for the musical parts, well, I guess you have to understand the language and the poetry and the actual culture to truly appreciate the music.

I will recommend other hindi movies to you later (I am waaay to busy with college right now XP)

<3