Thursday, February 13, 2014

[Anime Review] Antique Bakery (2011)



After watching the Korean movie, Antique Bakery, I watched the anime series of the same title to see how it compares. Overall, it's pretty good. The movie and the anime series follow the same storyline pretty closely and are almost identical to one another. The additional hour of watch time that the anime gives you allows viewers to enjoy some additional story fillers that are pretty amusing. I found that the anime series was funnier for some reason (loved the exaggerated facial expressions). I especially enjoyed Chikage's character in the anime series. However, the Korean versions of the other characters were more enjoyable for me. While the anime series is nearly as good, I liked the Korean movie version just a little bit more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Anime fillers in general are amusing...and usually are so full of fanservice...
Anyway, you already saw my facebook post, so here's the official nomination for the Liebster Award, unni!
http://hallyumentality.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award-fist-pump.html

Fatuma said...

Thank you for the nomination! Look forward to answering your questions! And I'll probably break the rules since I don't know that many bloggers. =)