Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baby Faced Beauty (2011) - Korean Drama

Baby Faced Beauty
Korean Drama
20 Episodes - 2011

Synopsis: The story of Lee So Young, a 34-year-old woman who's saddled with family debt and only has a high school qualifications, but dreams of becoming a fashion designer. Her youthful appearance is her only advantage; she is mistaken for a 25-year-old university graduate and subsequently lands her dream job when she's hired by a fashion design company, where she meets Choi Jin Wook, a man who looks more mature than his young age.


My Review: Oh man! This was so damn adorable!!

It dragged a bit (not too much) and I found myself fast forwarding in some places, but the relationship between So Young and Jun Uk was just too cute for me to not watch til the end.

I especially liked the ending. It's been a while since I've seen an ending that was as satisfying. I love the whole '1 year later' gambit. It allows you to see how the characters you've just spent 20 eps falling in love with (and fall I did!) end up. Too often, you get a drama that ends vaguely, leaving you with a "so what happens to em now" feeling, which I hate.

Overall, this is worth watching simply for the dynamic between Soo Young and Jun Uk! They were like high school children with first crushes. Totally adorbs! ^__^

No comments: