Monday, May 21, 2012

Personal Taste/Preference (2010) - Korean Drama

Personal Taste/Preference

2010 - Kdrama
Romantic Comedy
16 Episodes


Synopsis:

Personal Taste is a drama, which is based on a novel "Gaeinui Chwihyang" by Lee Sae In. The story is about a man pretending to be homosexual in order to become roommates with a woman who wants to live with a gay male friend. Jeon Jin Ho (Lee Min Ho) is a straight guy who pretends to be gay in order to become a roommate to his female friend, Park Kae In (Son Ye Jin). His hobbies include organization and ironing, and he’s known for his stoic poker face.

Review:

^___^ Ahhh...Personal Taste.

This was a GOOD one. I've been meaning to watch this for a long time, but I kept putting it off. After watching City Hunter, I wanted MORE Lee Min Ho, so I finally got around to it.

What I've been missing all this time--is a pretty good drama. Personal Taste had all of the makings of a good drama. It has an interesting, original plot, a great cast of lovable and believable characters, strong, pure chemistry and love between the lead couple and tons of hilarious moments. For 16 episodes, I laughed, smiled, teared-up, snorted, rolled my eyes and cried. The OST was also really good!

Yet there was still something missing throughout. My main issue is that the pacing was really slow.  I found myself fast forwarding quite a bit about half way through as the series kind of lost its steam. While I will not miss the series itself, I WILL miss Jin Ho and Kae In.

Personal Taste is a drama that I really enjoyed and believe to be worth watching.

P.S. The BEST place for watching dramas, is over at Viki.com. Users can leave comments as they watch. It's like watching with your friends--crazy, very unique friends! The comments are usual hysterical and totally random!

Here's the link: Get your taste of Min Ho here!

No comments: