Monday, August 3, 2015

[J-Drama] Mischievous Kiss 2: Love in Tokyo (Running Commentary for EP 1-5)

Hello Everyone!

I'm currently watching Mischievous Kiss 2: Love in Tokyo. I've always been a mega fan of the Itazura na Kiss series ever since I saw It Started With a Kiss and Joe Cheng. I watched the first season a while ago (see review), but I'd actually forgotten that I hadn't watched the sequel! *gasp*

As I've been marathoning, I've been keeping a running commentary on each episode. It contains my reactions, feelings, and thoughts as I watched each episode. From my review of the first season, I wasn't much of a Naoki fan, but as you can see below, he's starting to grow on me!

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

Without further adieu:

Episode 1--The first episode is actually the same as the Love in Okinawa Special. Cute and great overview of what happened in season one as a refresher. Man, was the Mari girl annoying, though I don't completely agree with the way her hubby finally "put on his pants" in the relationship. Naoki is as much an ice prince as ever, but it makes his few moments of thaw that much more sugary-sweet! And his family is as wacky as ever. I adored Mama-Ikie in season 1 and am looking forward to watching more of her shenanigans.

Episode 2--I was annoyed through most of this episode. Naoki is still lacking communication skills, despite heartfelt intentions. Kotoko's communication ranges from whiny to high-pitched squeals. Yet, towards the end, I recalled why this lead couple and this show is so popular. Their default annoyance makes instances of their true characteristics more potent. If Naoki smiled all of the time, we wouldn't melt quite so swiftly when he smiles fondly at Kotoko. If Kotoko wasn't so immature and childish, we wouldn't appreciate her moments of growth.

Episode 3-- Mama Irie was more annoying than funny in this episode. Her constant interference, the way she draws sudden conclusions, and blows these out of proportion can be irritating. On the plus side, Naoki was a total darling in this episode! And his panty-dropping line of, "should we make one [a baby]" was absolute gold! Kotoko has finally decided what she wants to do with her life, but Naoki is still at the center of her choice. I wish she would be her own person already. Overall, super sweet episode!

Episode 4-- How does Naoki become exponential hotter with each episode? It's a paradox! This sequel is so steamy compared to the first one. I hope we continue with the whole kiss-an-episode phenomenon, cause I love it!

Episode 5--I know Kotoko's incompetency is part of her character, but how can a person not be good at anything?! But, I did get to enjoy Naoki's evil stare at another one of Kotoko's shenanigans. Poor Funatsu, we need to find you the nerdy girls! A jealous Naoki is nice. Very nice, indeed. No kiss this episode, but CUE love triangle.


Anyone else watching this drama? Feel free to discuss the first five episodes with me in the comments! =)

Peace,
Tuma

No comments: