Tuesday, July 31, 2012

[K-Drama] Love Rain (2012)

 

Love Rain (2012)

K-Drama (20 Episodes)

Genre: Romance

Love Rain

Synopsis:

When you’re in love, rain can be sweet like flowing emotions, or it can be bittersweet if it reminds you of the love that got away. While in college in the 1970s, Seo In Ha falls in love with the sweet Kim Yoon Hee. But destiny stepped in and separated them, and both moved on with their lives. Forty years later, In Ha’s son meets and falls in love with Yoon Hee’s daughter. Can the young couple finish what their parents started or will fate step in again to separate two generations of lovers?

My Review:

I really liked the concept of the plot of this drama. The whole parents were in love 20 years and then the kids fall in love bit was intriguing, emotional and highly interesting. The four first episodes showing the fast was an excellent touch.The lead characters of course were excellent. I love Jang Geum Suek in everything he does and Yoon A was adorable as Ha Na. The supporting actors added dimension to the series. The soundtrack was good. The ending was the perfect adorable bow to wrap around the drama. My only issue was the pacing of the drama. I felt the indecision of whether or not to remain together because of their parents in episodes 15-18 or so, was overdone. I simply fast forwarded past the angst to the end. I felt like they tried to stuff in too many other conflicts in addition to the main one, which I felt was unnecessary. I mean in addition to the star-crossed lovers bit, we had the evil mom, the love rectangle and even a disease! lol Despite my complaints on the pacing, I really enjoyed Love Rain and would recommend it to any K-drama enthusiast.

No comments: