Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Princess (2011)

It's been forever, I know! Sorry, super busy for school and life. Doesn't mean I haven't been watching dramas (nearly impossible), just that I haven't been blogging about them. So, I have a lot to catch up on!


Title: My Princess
Year: 2011
Episodes: 16
Genre: Romantic Comedy (Do I watch anything else? lol)
Starring: Song Seung Hun as Park Hae Young and Kim Tae Hee as Lee Seol

Synopsis: An ordinary college student, Lee Seol, finds out she's a princess. The grandson of Daehan Group, Park Hae Young, is put in charge of educating Seol on proper etiquette. However, Hae Young is put in a precarious situation when he finds himself drawn to Seol, the girl who will take away his inheritance if the monarchy is restored.

Romance/Plot: This was a very sweet story and pretty good. The progress of the romance was nicely done and subtle. Both the viewer and the characters weren't sure how or when the leads had fallen in love, just that they had. This princess plot is a bit different from others I've watched, which is nice. For one, the romance isn't between a commoner marrying into a royal family due to some promise (Goong), nor is it a romance between a princess and prince both fighting for the inheritance (Romantic Princess). In My Princess, Lee Seol is a typical, if slightly quirky, college student who finds out she's a princess and eventually falls in love with her tutor. There's some angst and political agendas, but most importantly a sweetly budding romance between her and her advisor.

Mood/Tone: What I like best about My Princess is that after all of the issues and problems, the relationship between Park Hae Young and Lee Seol is more playful than passionate. They tease and annoy one another, which I found totally cute!

Visual/Aesthetics: The castle was beautiful and so was Lee Seol's clothes. Hmm...nothing much as to say. This wasn't a drama relying on stunning scenes (not like Secret Garden).

Soundtrack: Oh man! Since I took so long to get around to writing a review, I don't quite recall the soundtrack and whether or not it was good. I'm assuming it was horrible, since one tends to remember very bad soundtracks, but I can't say it was amazing.

Overall: This is mostly definitely worth watching. The plot is interesting enough, but the lead couple if what makes this worth watching. They're so cute together.

Laters,
Tuma

No comments: