Sunday, October 17, 2010

Beethoven Virus

BEETHOVEN VIRUS


  • Genre: Romance, drama, comedy
  • Episodes: 18 
  • Main Cast: Kim Myung Min as Kang Gun Woo / Kang Ma Eh (Conductor), Lee Ji Ah as Du Ru Mi (Violin), Jang Geun Suk as Kang Gun Woo (Trumpet)
  • Synopsis: Kang Gun Woo is a world renowned orchestra maestro who is a perfectionist in his work. He is not an easy person to work with and is fear by all his players. By chance, he comes across Du Ru Mi, a violinist, and a young cop who has the same name as his and discovers that even without formal training, the young Kang is a music genius. The three soon get tangled in a love triangle.  
  • My COMMENTS: First of all...JANG GEUN SEUK!!!! *squeal* I have completely, totally, irrevocably fallen in LOVE with this cutie pie! LOL I developed a major CRUSH in "You're Beautiful", which evolved into a strong LIKE in "Baby and Me" and after watching "Beethoven Virus", I've fallen HARD! It's his smile....it's the most stunning I've seen on any Korean actor yet..it makes my heart beat faster and turns me into GOO! ^___^ The drama in itself was pretty interesting also, Jang Geum-oppa is just the icing on the cake! The romantic aspect of this drama isn't what's emphasized, as you watch you realize that what's really important about this drama is the strong love for Classical music all of the characters possess, the ties the bind people together through thick and thin and the idea of working hard for your dreams and never giving up. The drama gets those ideas across beautifully in an interesting and thoughtful manner. The music is absolutely ..moving! If you're a fan of classical music this is the drama for you. It reminded me of Nodame Cantabile a little bit, but ALOT more serious. There isn't nearly as much humor in this one, though there are some characters included for comic relief, such as Bae Yong Gi (played by Park Chul Min). It is DEFINITELY worth a watch.

P.S. I will no longer rate the dramas using numbers. It's too much trouble and no one really reads my blog, anyway! lol It's mostly a way for me to catalog the dramas that I've watched and my initial reactions to them.

No comments: