Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Caged Animal by Fatuma Hydara (ME, DUH!!!

A/N- I've been writing a bit of poetry lately..It's not usually my thing, so I don't know where this inspiration-if you can call it that-is coming from. Anyway, take a look at it and see what you think.

I know why the caged animal screams,
a roar of frightful pain,
having just woken up from a dream of free,
just to see his trapped reality.

I know why the caged animal cries,
a wail of aching sorrow,
having just reminisced of a past of uninhibitation.

I know why the caged animal shrieks,
a howl of nostalgic agony,
of a previous life in a wild open plain.

I know why the caged animal bellows,
in tortured anger,
for things done against his will.

I know why the caged animal screams, but do you?
He cries and shrieks and bellows,
because he is no longer free, and may never be.

No comments: