I know it's been a while, but I've been sooo busy that I haven't done or watched anything of interest to blog on, except school work... AND THAT'S NO FUN!!!
Due to a much appreciated snow day, I was able to finish watching an anime I started a while ago
The anime revolves around a special class in an Highschool that consists of the seven highest students on the honor roll, or whatever. They are a group of mostly eccentric rich kids. Here are the characters (curtesy of wikipedia):
- Hikari Hanazono (華園 光, Hanazono Hikari ) Voiced by: Yuko Goto
- Hikari is the protagonist of the story and is ranked 2nd in the school. She is energetic and kindhearted, but rather dense to more subtle matters, in particular love. She is the daughter of a carpenter. When she was six years old she experienced her first defeat and humiliation when she lost to Kei Takishima in a pro-wrestling match. In order to beat Kei, Hikari convinced her father to allow her to attend Kei's prestigious elite school and strives to defeat Kei at anything, from academics to athletics.
- Kei Takishima (滝島 彗, Takishima Kei ) Voiced by: Jun Fukuyama
- Kei is Hikari's rival and holds the 1st position in the entire school. He is good at everything he does and is always a smooth winner. He is the son of the CEO of Takishima Corporation. Kei has been in love with Hikari since they were children, but Hikari has been too dense to realize his feelings for her. He maintains a stoic and cool facade most of the time, except for when Hikari is in trouble.
- Jun Yamamoto (山本 純, Yamamoto Jun ) Voiced by: Tsubasa Yonaga
- Jun is ranked 3rd in school and is the son of a music producer and a talented vocalist. He is a nice guy and is usually quiet like his older twin sister, Megumi. Like Megumi, he is very possessive of Ryuu and seems to worry Ryuu as much as he worries about the two of them. Jun is rather shy around girls, which resulted in a split personality that enables him to charm almost all women effortlessly.
- Megumi Yamamoto (山本 芽, Yamamoto Megumi ) Voiced by: Ayahi Takagaki
- Megumi holds the 4th position in school and is the older twin sister of Jun. She and her brother are very close to Ryuu, whom they have known since they were children. Megumi refuses to speak so as to preserve her singing voice and writes what she wishes for people to know on a sketchpad. When she sings, her voice is so devastatingly powerful that everyone ends up dazed and disoriented afterward.
- Tadashi Karino (狩野 宙, Karino Tadashi ) Voiced by: Hiro Shimono
- Tadashi ranks 5th in school and is the son of the school's director. He suffers from a bit of wanderlust, likes to travel alone and do whatever he wants or sees fit. He enjoys eating sweets, especially food made by Akira. He seems to end up as the character most comically attacked (frequently by Akira and Kei) because of his careless comments or reckless behavior.
- Akira Toudou (東堂 明, Tōdō Akira ) Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame
- Akira holds the 6th position in school and is very fond of Hikari; as a result, she is very protective of her. She loves afternoon tea and is very fond of cute girls. Akira apparently is in love with Tadashi although she never seems to hold back when hitting him. She is the daughter of the owner of an airline company.
- Ryuu Tsuji (辻 竜, Tsuji Ryū ) Voiced by: Kazuma Horie
- Ryuu ranks 7th in the entire school cohort. He is the son of the CEO of a sports car company and one of his family's clients is Yahiro's family. He is an animal lover and is very good at handling children. The twins, Megumi and Jun, are unusually close to him, because they have been together since childhood and it seems that Ryuu has saved them once. It is hinted that perhaps he is smarter than 7th place, but spends the majority of the time during exams worrying about Jun and Megumi, who tend to become bored or sleep during tests.
- This anime was soooo amusing and funny! hehe :D Hikari and Kei were the most amusing couple I've seen in a long time in anime. Actually..all of the couples were wacky! lol I won't tell you who pairs with who...you gotta watch to find out. This was a fun watch and only 24 episodes. Give it a try.
- Looney Express gives Special A 3.5/5!
- Next, is a Korean movie called: 100 days with Mr. Arrogant!
- Until whenever, my friends!!!! =D
HAHAHAHA!!!! This movie was soo funny! I usually don't watch movies, I'm not sure why, except that I prefer longer works, so that I can really see the development of the romance, but this movie may change my mind!!!
I'll start by saying it's a romantic comedy....you know..I've noticed that all I watch are romantic comedies. It may be time for a change! :) Ha-Young gets dumped by her boyfriend the day before their 100 day anniversary and upset she kicks a can on her way home... (who does this? lol) And luck should have it, said can hits someone who driving a convertible...with the top down of course...causing him to hit a pole scratching his car. WAIT! It gets even better! So, this man who is the VERY arrogant Hyung-Joon who literally hunts her down, when she runs away and makes her his slave in order to repay him the $3,000 it would supposedly cost to fix his car. And of course during her time as a slave...she falls in love. Typical..lol except Hyung-Joon is such an ASSHOLE!!! BWAHAHAH!!! But he's an incredibly charming one! Anyway..give it a go. It'll be an entertaining hour and a half!
Looney Express gives 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant a 4/5!!!